Error Handling

I have written some complex elementary functions that I would like to
submit for inclusion in gsl.  Before I do though, I want to use an error
handling system that is consistent with the rest of gsl.

I have read the gsl documentation and was thinking of using the macro
GSL_ERROR (reason, gsl_errno).  However as far as I can tell this has a
return type of int, and my functions have a return type of gsl_complex.
Should I just return the gsl_errno in both the real and imaginary
components?

I have looked through the existing gsl/complex/math.c but can't find any
clues.  What is a good way to go about this?  The errors I would like to
signify are GSL_ERANGE (for both over and underflow) and domain error.

Thanks,
Andrew Binkley