Re: gsl_diff_central

Brian,

	Certainly it is clear that neither the present version, nor my
suggested changes represent the state of the art in numerical
differentiation. I'd love to see something better. :) However, the changes
that I suggest at least correct what I deem to be serious problems with
the present version. Not only does the present code fail to deal with
arguments which are not of order unity, but also underestimates the third
derivative for certain functions (simple trigonometric functions for
example) and likely underestimates the error for these functions.
	Argh! I just need 8 days in the week...

Andrew