Re: Inclusion of Wigner Rotation matrix element code?

J.Underwood writes:
 > I have developed code for the calculation of the elements of the Wigner
 > rotation matrix elements, and was wondering if there is interest in having
 > this incoorporated into GSL.  GSL currently has the capability for
 > calculating angular momentum recoupling coefficients (Wigner 3J, 6J and 9J
 > symbols), and spherical harmonics, so the inclusion of code for rotation
 > matrices would "complete" the package as far as angular momentum
 > calculations is concerned.  Of course, this code will need modification for
 > GSL, but I am happy and willing to do that if this is considered a good
 > idea.  The code is very similar to that used for the (3J, 6J, 9J) routines,
 > and I would endeavour to keep the implementation as similar to those
 > fuctions as possible.

Yes, this sounds like something we'd like to have in GSL.

Before doing any work, do make sure that you allowed to release
software under the GPL.  If you send me a link to the code I could
comment on any specific modifications that might be needed.

best regards

Network Theory Ltd
15 Royal Park
Bristol BS8 3AL