make check 1.4 fails on Solaris

Hi,

I'm having problems installing gsl-1.4 (as well as 1.3) on a Sun Sparc
Solaris2.9 system.

Although everything compiles just fine, make check reports lots of
failures.

To start the vector check report twice (static and dynamic)

FAIL: gsl_vector_long_double_div division

and the global make check command is then terminated with

===================
2 of 2 tests failed
===================
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gsl/gsl-1.4/vector'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gsl/gsl-1.4/vector'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

When I try to do some checks manually by executing them in the directories
it seems that also matrix has a failure

FAIL: gsl_matrix_long_double_div_elements division
FAIL: gsl_matrix_complex_long_double_div_elements division

again as well static as dynamic.

more testing also showed that eigen, cblas, interpolation, multifit,
multimin, multiroots and ode-interval result in a segmentation fault.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this? I am using GCC 3.2 to build gsl.

I attach the configure output with this mail. If you need more info I'll
be happy to provide it.

Peter

--
 ______________