Re: More linking problems in MS VC++ 6.0

John Provis writes:
 > I have added all the appropriate directories to the Project
 > Settings window and enabled the /MD option. The 'Disable Language
 > Extensions' option doesn't seem to help, and gives me a whole lot
 > of compiler errors from my overloading of functions. I tried
 > compiling the Demo project, following the instructions in its
 > Readme file, to see if I could get anything useful out of this, and
 > it gives me an error box "Unable to Locate DLL - The dynamic link
 > library gsl.dll could not be found in the specified path..." with a
 > list of a whole lot of directories it claims not to be able to find
 > the library in. Copying the gsl.lib file directly into several of
 > these directories also achieved nothing.

To get the demo program working copy the .dll file mentioned in the
error message.

 > However, the Demo project doesn't give me link error LNK2001 like
 > my own project file does.  Hints anyone?

Once you have demo project compiling without errors compare the
project settings with your own to find the differences.

If you have GNU/Linux or Unix systems available I would recommend
using those -- with the default installation of GSL no options are
required when compiling a program on these systems.

regards,