How to compile gsl for SUN sparc OS ?

Hello ,

I am using RH9 and using gsl 1.4. Installing gsl on my
computer was no problem at all. I have an account in
my institute's main computer which is a much faster
machine (with 13 processors and huge amount of RAM).
It is a SUN sparc SunOS 5.8. To use this machine I
have to build the gsl libraries for it, so here's what
I tried to do.

first I did a $./configure
The script ran smoothly and exited with status 0.

then I did $make and I got this message
make: command not found.

It seems this machine doesn't have make. Can someone
please tell me how to build the libraries for this
machine ?

Many thanks,
Karthik