Re: minimize and cspline

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:55:20AM +0200, Zunbeltz Izaola wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Alan Aspuru-Guzik wrote:
> > What I would do, is create a gsl_vector for the data points you have.
> > And then find the maximium element using:
> > http://sources.redhat.com/gsl/ref/gsl-ref_8.html#SEC165

> The point is that the maximun of the array is not the maximum of a
> "good enough" (smooth) function that fit this point. I'm in the
> way to solve this problem. I didn't realize that i can use
> sl_spline_eval() in the function to be maximized, wrapping it in a
> fuction type with parameters =0

Remember that you can find the max/min of a cubic spline
analytically.  I would post code to do this, but I lost the hard
drive it was on. :-(

--
Jeff Spirko   spirko@lehigh.edu   spirko@yahoo.com   WD3V   |=>

Check out my Blog at |  http://spirko.blogspot.com/  |

The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

All theoretical chemistry is really physics;
and all theoretical chemists know it. -- Richard P. Feynman