Re: GPL

Tristan Marly writes:
 > The GSL is under GNU Public License, and I would like to figure out if
 > one can make a commercial software using GSL. By 'using', I mean linking
 > (dynamic/static: does it make a difference ?) with C objects.
 > I read the GPL text, I also read some analysis of GPL, but I can't make
 > it clear for me.

Hi,
There is some information about the commercial use of GSL on the
GSL homepage at,

   http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/#licensing

This should answer your questions.

For general information there is a GPL FAQ at,

   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

The Free Software Foundation also offers a license consulting service
which gives legal advice.  If you contact them at the address below
they can provide you with details:

  Free Software Foundation
  59 Temple Place - Suite 330
  Boston MA 02111-1307 USA