Re: FW: Additional Dimensions for the Sobol Generator

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 02:38:42AM +0200, Philipp No?l Baecker wrote:

> > Ughhh.  I hope you didn't type these in by hand?
>
> I am not *that* desperate. However, I performed some regexp replacements on
> the raw data provided by the authors. That is where errors could have
> happened. The encoded polynomials themselves are taken from the article.
> Since
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=641879&coll=portal&dl=ACM&CFID=2006793
> 8&CFTOKEN=81056329 is a direct extension of the source used for the
> polynomials originally found in the GSL, I figured it was only sensible to
> ammend the list without much effort.

OK, sounds great. As a source-code development standard, I find
it useful to have a comment almost exactly like this in the
source code: it helps future code maintainers figure out where the
stuff came from, and how to reproduce/verify, if need be.

I looked at that list of numbers and thought to myself, uhh, ahem,
some grad student typed these in by hand ... I've seen it done before,
and of course there's always a typo on the 33'rd number, thus explaining
some anomolous statistic ... so my nerve-endings have been pre-sensitized
to this sort of stuff.

--linas