Simulated Annealing Print function

Hello,
I am having a problem using the result of Simulated Annealing routine. The documentation, in my opinion, is not very adequate for this routine, so I am having some problems.
I gathered that the "gsl_siman_print_t" function is supposed to print out the results.

Instead of printing the ARGMIN on the screen, I want to store it in another variable for future usage in the program.

Unfortunately, just as the other 3 functions (Metric, Step, and Energy) used in "gsl_siman_solve", the print function must be written not to take any arguments (except void). So I can't think of a way to bring the ARGMIN values 'outside' the scope of the print function into the main function.

Also, because the function I am trying to maximize is a likelihood, the energy function must be a function of the data, however, for the same reason, because Energy function (just like the print function) doesn't take any arguments from outside, I have to re-load my data inside the energy function every time it evaluates it.

Please, help.

Regards,
Anatoliy