Re: rand_rate

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:50:12PM -0500, Robert G. Brown was heard to remark:
> I mentioned my random number tester program,
>
>   http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/rand_rate.php
>
> outputting a "report" that includes a p-value (or set of p-values) and a
> fairly arbitrary conclusion about whether or not the rng is likely to be
> questionable for people who can't interpret p-values, for the test being
> run.
>
> It is still very much a project in progress -- I'm missing lots (most)
> of the STS and diehard tests -- but it does provide a framework for

So what does it test for currently?  (could you update the web page to
state this?)  I've been fiddling with something that seems to be
like a prng (it seems to  pass basic tests) but its not a traditional
polynomial curve/cryptographic prng;  I want to understand if/how it
falls down. (its rather bizarre) I know how its weak in certain cases;
but want to understand if/how it might pass traditional tests.

--linas