Re: greatest common divisor

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:34:04AM +0100, Achim Gaedke was heard to remark:
> Hi!
>
> I was not able to find a standard UNIX function for the greatest common
> divisor, so I have written one. I put it into the specfunc section, but

FYI,

I've been putting together a small library of various number-theoretic
function implemented as 32-bit ints, which, besides gcd, includes things
like the mobius function, the liouville function, the divisor function,
euler's totient, etc.  I was curious if anyone has any interest in
these.

Note that these types of functions are usually implemented in arbitrary
precision math libs, which is where the cryptographers usually work.
In my case, I'm exploring fractals, so, for me, I needed speed, and
thus went for a 32-bit implementation.  Most of these routines are
really pretty darn simple, so I'm not taking about a big intellectual
excercise or lots of hard work; but still, I figure there might be
interest, viz. possibly as a fast small-integer number-theory library
inside of GSL.

Let me know.

--linas