Re: constants-docs

Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk> writes:

> Jochen Küpper writes:
>  > Maybe the following patch could be installed, giving some more
>  > information on the origin and definition of the defined physical
>  > constants?
>
> Thanks. Is there a published reference for the value of the
> astronomical unit, rather than a url?

au is accepted by SI as an "unit outside SI accepted for use". That
is, the SI-publication would be the ultimate reference. I believe the
necessary document would be "ISO 1000: 11.92".

The American version of something like that is probably this:
,----
| http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP330/sp330.pdf
`----

For Germany the authoritative Source is PTB:
,----
| http://www.ptb.de/de/publikationen/download/einheiten.pdf
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)