On GSL version control

Hello. I just converted GSL CVS repo into Git to advertise possibilities
of using Git for GSL development. I'm only a newbie on GSL, but I think
any GSL developer would benefit from a system better than CVS.

If you try this, please use Git version 1.4 or later:

$ git clone git://zakalwe.fi/gsl gsl.git

(takes approx 12 seconds on 10 Mbit line to get the _whole_ version
history of the project)

$ cd gsl.git
$ git log --stat

Next time, git pull is enough, and that synchronizes only changes from
the repository.

Try branching and merging for features, it's very very easy:

$ git checkout -b mytestbranch
$ edit files && commit
$ git checkout master
$ git merge mytestbranch

This is not a fork of the project, just a demo of what Git can do. I
hope you like it :)

I used the following authorfile for cvs to git conversion:

bjg = Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk>
booth = Michael Booth <user@address.unknown>
rossi = Fabrice Rossi <rossi@ufrmd.dauphine.fr>
jungman = Gerard Jungman <jungman@lanl.gov>