Re: [Help-gsl] GSL and C99 standard

The other problem with C99 complex types is that they
introduce yet another possibility for variation in
binary layout, alignment, etc.

The three "complex" types that need to play together are
Fortran COMPLEX, C++ std::complex, and now C99 complex.
And there are (as of yet, AFAIK) no compatibility guarantees
for these on any platform, even though they should
probably work "most of the time".

It's really a stupid situation. At the very least, the C++
and C99 committees should decide on something. But they
probably never will.

--
Gerard Jungman