Re: ode-initval implicit solvers and development

At Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:52:22 +0200,
Tuomo Keskitalo wrote:
> Please note the comments on file ode-initval/ChangeLog-Keskitalo. The
> biggest change is an addition to the step and control object structures
> to allow passing error tolerance to steppers. I'm afraid a change like
> this is really needed.

I had a look at the code (which all looks pretty sensible) and have
a couple of questions.

- Currently the control object is only used by the multistep adams
stepper.  What other types of methods might need access to the error
control?

- In modnewton1.c there is the comment

    /* Stopping tolerance for Newton iteration */
    /* FIXME: tol should be user defined */

How would you handle the newton tolerance--do we need a way to pass
that in as well?

Valgrind detects an uninitialised variable in msadams.c, which is
flagged with -Wall as well.