Re: New extension for Associated Legendre Functions (ALFs)

I should also mention that I played around with computing
ALFs using quad precision in the recurrence relations. In
doing this you can avoid underflow problems to degrees up
in the 10s of thousands (I only tried up to L,M = 20000).

But unfortunately I don't think sizeof(long double) is standard,
though I do think its guaranteed to be at least 10 bytes
by the latest ansi standard. So for now I left everything
in double precision.

Patrick