Re: GSL 2.0 roadmap

Hello,

thanks for the list. I was wondering that since there will be a new major version, this might be a good chance to modify some of the APIs / frameworks. Is this OK? For example, when I was implementing msadams and msbdf for ode-initval, I had to make some modifications to the algorithms in order to fit them into GSL ode-initval framework. It is clear that the stepper, control and evolve objects would sometimes benefit from mutual communication. Should ode-initval framework be changed so that this kind of communication is possible in future?

How long would it be before 2.0 is out, approximately? More or less than a year? It might be good idea to keep the 2.0 branch "unstable" for some time, before APIs are frozen (if changes to frameworks are OK).