GSL git setup

Hello all,

As some of you may know, we recently switched the GSL repository on savannah to use git instead of bzr. We currently have two main branches:

master - this will contain all new development features leading eventually to version 2.0. I have already incorporated the ALF extension into it for associated legendre functions, which required a new API that will not be backward compatible with the 1.x series. The old API is still available but marked as deprecated. We anticipate several further changes which will also change APIs.

maint-1 - this is the 1.x maintenance branch which will not be actively developed, but if there are any bug fixes required, we can easily use it to make another 1.x release

Anyone who would like to develop new features and submit patches please use the master branch for your work.

Thanks,
Patrick