Re: Pre release of guile-gtk 0.17

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Hmm, how did you make that tarball?  I don't think it is a proper
> distribution.
>
> Off the top of my head, here is the procedure for making a release:
>
> - Fix bugs until "make distcheck" survives.
>
> - Go thru the ChangeLog and bring the NEWS file uptodate.  For
>   example, there should be short descriptions of the new "rect" type,
>   of "define-structure" and of the multiple-return-value stuff.  Just
>   ask the original author for the NEWS entries.

I'll add NEWS file entries for my build-guile-gtk changes asap (sorry, I'm
currently very busy with work ...)

> - Bump version number in configure.in and README
>
> - Commit changes to CVS
>
> - Tag the sources with "guile_gtk_0_17_release" by running
>
>     % cd .../guile-gtk/
>     % cvs tag -r guile_gtk_0_17_release

Can you please use

	cvs rtag guile_gtk_0_17_release guile-gtk

instead - this makes sure it gets logged in the cvs history ?

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org