Gtk tutorial examples

Hi,

I have finished attempting to convert the examples which come with the
Gtk+ tutorial into guile-gtk.   These are available at:

> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~jas/misc/gg-tutorial.tar.gz

Although there are many missing features, I think that they are useful.
A number of the examples would work with a few extensions here and
there, as listed in the file `PROGRESS'.   I had major problems with
selections and pixmaps, and the almost total lack of documentation was a
big pain. [:-)]  Otherwise there were just a number of small but
annoying misfeatures or bugs.

While I don't have plans to update the examples, suggestions and
improvements would be welcome if they are in the form of modified code.
Note that I have tried to use reasonable Scheme paradigms but kept
fairly closely to the ordering in the original C examples.  There are
many obvious places in which modest reordering would clean things up
considerably, but it seems most useful in the first instance to have
versions which can be compared directly.

[I was working with a Nov 99 CVS checkout for most of the examples;
things have probably improved since.]

[Oh, I also started an automatic cataloguing script which generates
human-readable versions of the defs files.  This might prove useful in
its own right.]

Alex.