Re: New guile-gtk

Stephen Tell <tell@cs.unc.edu> writes:

> OK, I've just tried the CVS guile-gtk on SunOS 5.7 with gtk 1.2.3 and
> guile 1.3.4.

Thanks!

> It configures and builds OK.  But when running, how can I be sure that I'm
> testing all of the new libraries and *.scm files when I've still got an
> older guile-gtk installed in /usr/local?

Hmm, you should install it in some other place and make sure
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_PATH point to it in the right way.  For
example, when you have installed it in /tmp/018, you would need these
settings:

    LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /tmp/018/lib
    GUILE_LOAD_PATH = /tmp/018/share/guile

However, I'm not too sure about this.  I don't know how you can check
what libraries a process is using on SunOS.  On Linux, you would look
in /proc/<pid>/maps.

> Would it be possible to add to guile-gtk.c a procedure or symbol
> guile-gtk-version that returns "0.18" (or whatever VERSION is
> defined to) ?

There will be such a thing in 0.18 (it already is in CVS). You can do

    (use-modules (gtk config))

    (if (string=? gtkconf-guile-gtk-version "0.18")
        ...)

- Marius