Re: More build errors.

Martin Baulig wrote:

> "Dale P. Smith" <dpsm@en.com> writes:
>
> > Hmm.  I'm getting different errors with ./autogen.sh now:
> >
> > GNOME_COMMON_INIT: not found
> > ./configure: 1560: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> > make: *** [config.status] Error 2
> > dsmith@sammy:~/src/guile-gtk$ ./autogen.sh
> > .: gnome-autogen.sh: not found
> >
> > I don't have any gnome development stuff installed.  I'm pretty sure I
> > don't have any gnome software installed.
>
> Hi,
>
> you need to install gnome-common and the latest version of pkg-config (from
> http://pkgconfig.sourceforge.net/) to make this work.

Well, I finally built and installed gnome-common and pkg-config. These
are the errors I'm getting now:

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing ./examples
[lot's o stuff deleted]
updating cache ./config.cache
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for pkg-config... yes
checking for GNOME Platform... GNOME 1.x
checking for libraries... gtk+ (gthread)
configure: error: gnome-config: not found
Package gthread was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gthread.pc'
Unknown package 'gthread'

Looks like I need "gnome-config" also.

> > Yeah, I'm one of those guys that like a thin fast system, no kde or
> > gnome for me! ;^)
>
> Btw. gnome-common is just a set of macros and build scripts, it has no other
> dependencies except pkg-config.

Is gnome-config part of that, or are more bits of gnome needed to be
installed?

-Dale
--
Dale P. Smith