building from CVS

I'm trying to build the latest guile-gtk out of CVS, without grabbing
a complete gnome snapshop, just the latest guile-gtk package.

I was able to get the sources, but when I try to run configure, I get:

checking for pkg-config... no
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `GNOME_PLATFORM_GNOME_2(no)'
./configure: ./configure: line 1882: `     GNOME_PLATFORM_GNOME_2(no)'

After searching the web for this, it appears that I have to grab some
other software to build guile-gtk from CVS.  Can someone summarize
what I need to do to build?

Thanks,
-russ

--
If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footsteps of giants.