Re: gtk questions

Ariel Rios wrote:

> El 24 Apr 2001 11:53:39 +0200, David Pirotte escribió:
> sorry for the delay.

Well, many many thanks for your time and answer! it is already
fantastic to get some!

> What I normally do is before insertying things unto Clist I
> have a variable that saves the values appended unto the list:
> (gtk-clist-append clist foo)
> (set! ls (cons ls foo))
> It is stupid but...

Yes, I understand: the thing is I'll have to keep several sequences
(list or vectors) of sorted rows according to the different possibilities
that I give to users to select what columns they can sort the displayed rows

But I'll do it, it's not a big deal.

The ideal would be to have 'goops widgets, things would be much easier to
'customise. I suppose it is the plan to have gtk integrated with goops at some
time in the future

> ;; (define-func gtk_clist_set_pixmap)
> ;; (define-func gtk_clist_get_pixmap)
>
> I will look f there is an easy way to add them.

It's not so important, you probably have many other priorities, many thanks
again

> GtkClist is really ugly and should be avoided, It will not be available in
> Gtk2.0 =) IIRC

that skares me, because I started developping my applications using clist
whenever I want to display database things (extracted from postgres thanks to
guile-pg), ...

what should I use instead? they seems very fast and  I doubt until, 'goops-gtk
is there, I can do better by mixing other widgets by myself ...

I agree they are very ugly: until we can pass them a sequence of goops objects,
with apropriate display funtion for each column to be displayed ... any such
things available?

david