Re: Newbie pleading for help...

    Alex> Then, I wanted to add event processing loop for the
    Alex> GUI itself to respond to the mouse interaction so
    Alex> that I can interactively modify the lines as needed.
    Alex> As I described in the previous message, this
    Alex> turned out to be very hard for me to achieve since two
    Alex> event loops that never return are required (one for
    Alex> gh_repl and the other for GUI).

Hi Alex,

I wrote a short essay on this once, but lost it when my box crashed;
but it may still be available in the Guile mail archive somewhere.  I
think I called it "GUIfying the Guile REPL", so you could try
searching for that.

If you are happy to have the Guile REPL entry line in a Gtk widget
(rather than from the terminal that you ran the program from), then
you can do something very similar to my guile-gui package (available
from http://www.ossau.uklinux.net/guile/).  If you need more help to
understand what this is done, I'd be happy to provide it.

One caveat with guile-gui is that I haven't tried running it since the
guile-gtk package (which you will also need) was at version 0.18; so
it might need some tweaking for the last guile-gtk.

Regards,
        Neil