Request for help-Developing Vector editor

Hello,

I am senthil kumar from India.I am developing a vector editor using GTK+.Though i have just started it i am already facing a big problem. I would be very thankful if someone could tell me how to move the graphics created using drawing primitives (such as lines,arcs etc.) on drawing area.Please help me.
Thanking you,