Re: (gnome gtk) et al

Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at> writes:

> (let ((error '(#f #f #f)))

I'd thought it might be worth having GError as a distinct type, for
stricter checking etc.

>   (if (not (g-io-channel-new-file "/ENOENT" "r" error))

Calls would no doubt accept #f to mean NULL at the C level.

>       (if (= (g-file-error-quark) (car error))

As a separate type it'd be "g-error-code" or whatever instead of car.
More long winded, but would maximize clarity.

>           (format #t "file error (~S) opening /ENOENT: ~S\n"

Speaking of formatting, I suppose having g-set-error and friends take
printf style format strings would most closely match native glib.  But
it'd probably require a more or less complete re-implementation of
printf taking scm arguments.  Maybe someone has such a thing kicking
around already.