The GTK2 line of development

Hello all,

I'm curious about the place of the GTK2 line of development within the
whole guile-gtk project. It seems that some folks are not interested in
GTK2 at all -- is this right? In that case, we have two separate
projects (and in fact they share hardly any code, although I have used
some ideas, as well as event-repl.scm from guile-gtk) and should put
them in different places. What's the deal?

I suppose we can enumerate some options,

 - within savannah.nongnu.org
   * has the advantage that all guile-gtk stuff is in the same place
    (maybe it's an advantage, who knows)

 - in gnome cvs
   * keeps continuity with guile-gobject 0.2.0, although that work was
     likely placed in gnome cvs just out of convenience for martin

 - where else? those seem to be the options. we could do sourceforge,
   but that's subject to the whims of va software; that doesn't seem as
   stable as savannah

In any case, the web page needs cleaning and updating so that we can
make sense out of this mess. And that tarball really needs to make it
into CVS somewhere.

Also, we need to decide on some module namespace issues, don't we? Right
now all the GNOME 2 side is under (gnome). So we have (gnome gobject),
(gnome gtk), (gnome gstreamer) [see gst-guile in gstreamer cvs], etc. Is
this ok?

Can we get some input in here from those working on the 1.2 side of
things as well as from 2.x? The sooner this gets settled, the sooner we
can get some good work (and play) done :-)

regards,

wingo.