Re: gak! slib

I know SFA about what I'm talking about, but I decided to try installing
jacal and using the jacal.scm thingie below.

For the most part seemed to work.

[...]

    jacal.scm:
    (define-module (jacal) :use-module (ice-9 slib))
    (define horner #f) ; Workaround for a bug in Jacal
    (slib:load "jacal/math.scm")
    (define-public math math)

    /mdj

I use the above, only after (slib:load "jacal/math.scm") I added (slib:load
"slib/arraymap.scm") - if I don't things fail with "array-map!" being
unbound.

The (define horner #f) also doesn't seem to hold, so I have to do this
manually. Anyhow, playing with the Jacal manual I tried something and things
broke.

So what is the problem here?

x:~# guile
guile> (use-modules (jacal))
JACAL version 1a7, Copyright 1989-1997 Aubrey Jaffer
JACAL comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type (terms)'.
under certain conditions; type (terms)' for details.
;;; Type (math) to begin.
guile> (define horner #f)
guile> (math)
type qed() to return to scheme, type help() for help.
e0 : a:[[1,2,3],[4,5,6]];

          [1  2  3]
define(a, [       ])
          [4  5  6]

e0 : b:[2,4];

ERROR: In procedure error in expression (slib:error (quote display-line)
line):
ERROR: display-line (14 BREAK 14 "4" 15 "]" 16 ")")
define(b, [2, ABORT: (misc-error)

Type "(backtrace)" to get more information.
guile> (backtrace)

Backtrace:
 0* [math]
 1* [batch1]
ERROR: In procedure backtrace in expression (backtrace):
ERROR: Bad memory access (Segmentation violation)
 2  ABORT: (signal)
guile>

TIA, -Chris

P.S. Jacal looks way kewl.... what does work, works really well.