Re: keywords

For the time being, I would suggest turning on the prefixed keyword
syntax; Put
    (read-set! keywords 'prefix)
at the top of your source files, and then you'll be able to use :foo
as syntax for self-quoting keyword objects:
    guile> :foo
    #:foo
    guile> (symbol? :foo)
    #f
    guile> (keyword? :foo)
    #t
    guile> (eq? :foo :foo)
    #t
    guile>

The catch is that the keyword option is a global thing; it affects
everything you do with Guile, not just your module.  We're hoping to
add support for per-module syntactic variations soon, so people can
write in whatever they please, and interact happily with code written
using other syntactic variations.

But if you write your code with (read-set! keywords 'prefix) for now,
then once we've finished that work, you'll be set.