illiteracy: I can't read and write.

To what extent is it possible save data by using (write ) and (read )?

When I tried this I had problems; (read ) didn't recognize constructs
generated by (write ) such as #<unspecified> or #-1# .  This implies
that only simple data without backwards references can be saved in
this fashion.  Is this correct?

Before I start writing kludgy load & save routines, let me ask: is
there some clever way to save and load scheme data that I don't know
about?

Daniel