Re: Module Considerations

    Per> @item
    Per> Should be able to wrap one or more existing source files
    Per> containing various definitions as module without modifying
    Per> any of the souce files.  (Can be handled with some kind of
    Per> "include" mechanism.)

I second this item.  Since there are often good reasons for using more
than one different Scheme interpreter for various purposes, I like to
be able to write files of standard RnRS Scheme code which can be used
by _all_ the Scheme interpreters that I work with.  I prefer not to
keep separate copies of each of my "library" files for use with Guile,
starting with
 (define-module ....)
and replacing lots of
 (define ...)
statements with
 (define-public ....)
in the code.  It would be nice to be able to have a separate Guile
module-description file which could
 (include ...)
one or more files of standard RnRS code and use a mechanism such as
 (export fn1 fn2 var1 var2 ...)
present it to Guile as a module so that the Scheme code can be
more independent of the Guile module system.

 -Chris