Re: tselect

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> wrote:
> What I'm describing above is really the implementation internals.  As
> I wrote in my third letter, the actual interface *can* be made to
> appear completely separate from `select' (by preventing
> scm_internal_select from activating call-backs except when the
> interpreter is inside `event-loop').
>
> What we have then is 1. non-blocking I/O, *and* 2. a central
> event-broker, apparently completely separate, but in fact
> implemented through the same mechanism, which is both nice and
> efficient.

I agree with your point later in the message that the nonblocking I/O
parts of this proposal should be implemented ASAP if its
reasonable. We should give further thought to the idea of a
non-threaded event-driven model with various callbacks, it seems to me
that there is no broad agreement on the right way to do this.

 - Maciej Stachowiak