Re: to add underscore or not to add underscore?

> From: Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer@FernUni-Hagen.de>
> Date: 27 Nov 1997 15:49:01 +0100
>
> strange, the following mentioned in libguile/Changelog is wrong with linux:
>
>         * dynl-dl.c (sysdep_dynl_func): Prepend symb with underscore if
>         DLSYM_ADDS_USCORE is not defined.

I'm afraid I don't understand from your report why this fails, and I
can't test it myself since I don't have a Linux system on which to try
it.  Do you mean that on your Linux system, DLSYM_ADDS_USCORE is being
defined even though dlsym requires a leading underscore?  Or is
DLSYM_ADDS_USCORE defined correctly, but the code in sysdep_dynl_func
doesn't do the right thing?

> when i reverted this behaviour in dynl-dl.c, i can use M. Vollmers
> test-gtk (gtk-bindings for guile) with an else unmodified guile, i.e.
>
> guile -l test-gtk.scm -e main

I don't have X11 or Marius's test-gtk.scm, either, so I can't use this
information to diagnose the problem.

If you give me enough information to reproduce the problem, then I can
solve it.  But I can't reproduce the problem without running it on a
Linux box, so I need a little more assistance from you.  One thing
that would help is code from test-gtk.scm that calls "dynamic-link" or
"dynamic-call", so I know whether Linux's dlsym requires a leading
underscore or not.  If you can tell me whether the configure test
appears to be doing the right things or not, that will also be useful.

love, T.