Considering Guile as part of a Master's Thesis

I am currently looking for Master's Thesis topic in a computer science
graduate program.  I have a strong dedication to free (and in particular,
GPL'ed) software, and I also like to find ways to "bridge the gap" between
computer science theory and implementation.

Consequently, I hope to find a Master's Thesis topic that will result in the
implementation of something useful for the free software community.  My
advisor is a Scheme-fan, so I thought that a Guile related project might be a
good idea.

I also like Perl, so I was thinking that working on an interface between
Perl and Guile might be a good idea.  Perhaps a translator, but if that were
not possible, a seamless way to call one from the other.

I have to run a "list of different ideas" by him in the next few weeks, so I
would like to get the opinion of the Guile community.  What kind of
research-like projects are currently needed for Guile?

Thank you for your time.

--
     -  bkuhn@ebb.org    -    Bradley M. Kuhn    -    bkuhn@acm.org  -
                         http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn