Re: generational conservative gc

>But with the present Guile design, Scheme structures may be
>referenced from the heap, and heap does *not* get scanned in
>Guile. Since interoperability with C code is one of the design goals
>for Guile, copying GC is more trouble than it's worth. IMHO. :)

Mmm... this isn't quite the issue.  All pointers in the heap to GC'd
objects had better be described to the collector via the smob MARK and
FREE functions.  The current interface doesn't allow objects to be
copied, but if the demands placed on the MARK and SWEEP functions were
changed a little bit (and all existing smobs rewritten), we could
relocate objects.