Re: multiple return values

>Indeed, and thee is a nice pattern matching system available for
>Scheme, written by Andrew Wright and Bruce Duba.

Cool!

>The package is written using itself, so you need to use a ``compiled''
>version.

*puke*

That is the kind of cutesy crap that really gets my goat.  Suppose I
find a bug?  How can I fix it?  I can only rebuild my fixed version
with the buggy version, and there's no way of knowing whether the bug
interacts with the fix without pawing through the raw expanded code.

Oh, it has no bugs, didn't you know that?  It was written in Scheme!
Oh, you *changed* it...  Well, people who write bugs should suffer.
Then they won't do it again.

(To be fair, I don't mean to single out Wright and Duba.  But Schemers
in general just seem to lap this stuff up.  It's idiocy.  "Reflection"
does not mean "Navel Contemplation".)