Re: Documentation Repairs.

    Marius> Ok, I have a snapshot of guile-doc-19980407.  Any hints
    Marius> how I should go about documenting the dynamic linking
    Marius> stuff?

I just took a quick peek at the guile-ref info docs.  I don't think
the existing organization will last forever, but in any case I think
you might want to look at adding the following bits to it (please
correct me if I am not understanding the scope of dynamic linking
properly):

1. Add bits to the tutorial that tell a user how to use dynamic
   linking.  I saved some "tips" that I saw go by on the list of
   things like
	(define d (dynamic-link "libX11.so")
	(dynamic-func "XOpenDisplay" d)
   and I think it would be nice to put a self-contained little example
   (maybe with something simpler than libguilegtk) in the tutorial.
   On the other hand, since it probably involves libtool and hairy
   build stuff, it's probably more appropriate for an advanced guide.

2. In the reference manual write a chapter to go in either "Part II:
   Scheme extensions" or "Part III: Unix Programming" in which you
   describe the whole thing in detail.  Which of the two parts do you
   think are more appripriate for this stuff?  Our list of parts is:

Part I: Preliminaries
Part II: Scheme Extensions
Part III: UNIX Programming
Part IV: Guile Extension Language
Appendices and Indices

3. Another place you should consider for adding such material is the
   chapter "writing Guile modules" (in case there is a way of writing
   modules that do dynamic linking).

PS: if the reference manual seems to complicated, you might want to
just write it up and give it to me, I can then put it into the manual
and do the grunt work for you.