Garbage Collection

I'm using scheme (guile latest snapshot) in an asysnchronous
context. I.e. some other processes are producing results, that scheme
functions are waiting for. The way I'm doing this is by functions, that
correspond to the messages. Theses funtions evaluate to #f as long as
no result is available -- to the result otherwise.

The problem I have, is that those "Objects" seem not to get garbage
collected (even if all functions termitate and a have the guile> prompt
again). Also an explicit call to (gc) doesn't help.

The result is that the interpreter is getting larger and larger and I
end up with a system that is permanetly swapping.

Are there any Objects that the gc fails to collect?

Can I give any hints to the collector?

Can I explicitliy remove functions?

Thanks for any help,

	Alex