Re: usable guile version.

On 25 Apr 1998, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> Corey Sweeney <corey@interaccess.com> writes:
>
> > gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -o .libs/guile-tcltk guile-tcltk.o
> > -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib .libs/libgtcltk.so -ltk4.2 -ltcl7.6 -lnsl
> > -ldl -lm -lX11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lguile -ldl -lm -ltk4.2 -ltcl7.6 -lnsl
> > -ldl -lm -lX11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lguile -ldl -lm
> > .libs/libgtcltk.so: undefined reference to `scm_puts'
> > .libs/libgtcltk.so: undefined reference to `scm_putc'
> > make: *** [guile-tcltk] Error 1
> >

> > i'm unfamiliar with scm_put*.  Would that be the fault of my system(maybe
> > my tcl stuff), or would that be a problem with guile-tcltk?
>
> It is a problem with your library search path.  The compiler is trying
> to link guile-tcltk with an old Guile library, while what we want is
> to have it link it with the new one.
>
> Make sure that you have the directory containing the newly installed
> libguile somewhere in the fron of LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

that's it.  i destroyed my copy of guile1.2, and it linked fine. (doh!).
now is the README up to date?  cause i tried:

$ guile-tcltk
guile> (use-modules (tcltk tcltk))
guile> (tk-main-window)
ERROR: In expression (tk-main-window):
ERROR: Unbound variable: tk-main-window
ABORT: (misc-error)

Type "(backtrace)" to get more information.
guile>

actually, i've been wondering if there is a command to list out all
defined symbols in guile.  any chance?  (would help in debugging situation
like this)

	Corey Sweeney