Re: virtual constructors

>>>>> "Klaus" == Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de> writes:

Klaus> A mop-based extension would probably not have problems with
Klaus> that, but there is no free-software-mop for guile, and it would
Klaus> be too much bloated for most purposes.

What is the problem (in terms of free-ness) with the tiny-clos port in
the guile ftp archives?

Klaus> I tried yasos (if it can be considered as free software at all,
Klaus> the license does only grant unlimited use, not mention anything
Klaus> about modification and re- distribution), BOS and pint (at
Klaus> least those can be used under GNU conditions).

There is a few other OO implementations in the scheme repository, such
as Meroon, though I do no know anything about their copyright status.

You could also consider porting (or waiting for somebody to do it) the
MOP implementation from STk, which should be copylefted as I remember.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)