Re: primitive documentation conventions

J> I seem to remember long-standing bugs or FAQ's about this process;
J> the installation procedure wasn't quite right, and the docstring
J> files were always out of date with respect to the executable.  I
J> haven't thought about this at all, but if all Guile users are going
J> to follow this procedure, we should look for something foolproof.

The emacs installation didn't have a problem, iirc, but sometimes Linux
distributions did.  The problem arises if you have a DOC file that
wasn't created at the same time the emacs was.  For example, if you
have separate tar files with the Emacs binary and Emacs data
directories.  It's easy in this case for one to be updated without the
other.  The solution was just to rebuild and reinstall emacs.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Because the wine remembers.