guile-core and the prompt

I have just migrated from guile-core-19980420 to guile-core-19980717 and I have
observed one change which seems a little odd. When I paste a procedure
definition from another window to the guile prompt, the prompt is now
repeated for each line of the pasted definition. This was not the case in the
earlier snapshot. I prefer the behaviour of the earlier snapshot as it is clear
that only one definition has been entered and the prompt is not displayed until
the procedure has been closed. This is no longer the case. Now, if I carelessly
drop a parenthesis, the guile prompt is displayed suggesting that the
definition has been entered correctly.

e.g. in the 19980420 snapshot,
guile> (define (f a b)
(lambda (x)
  (if (< x a)
      a            ; here the prompt would not be displayed until the correct
      (if (> x b)  ; number of closing parentheses had been entered
          x))))
guile>

in the 19980717 snapshot,
guile> (define (f a b)
guile>   (lambda (x)
guile>     (if (< x a)
guile> a
guile> (if (> x b)
guile>     b
guile>     x))))
guile>
irrespective of the number of parentheses following 'x' on the last line.

--

Ta ta fa noo,
	     The Rubber Buccaneer a.k.a. rap@maths.soton.ac.uk

# #      WWW page at http://www.maths.soton.ac.uk/rap/HomePage.html   # #
# #  			It's good stuff!			      # #
# #    Sub-sections of note:                                          # #
# #          Psychobilly database : rap/psycho.html                   # #
# #          The state of the nation : rap/State_of_the_Nation.html   # #