G-wrap to help with translations

> Have you looked at a wrapper generator?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding
> what you're doing, but it seems like G-wrap should help.

OK, looked at G-wrap early in the piece and decided against it,
some of the reasons were technical, some personal.

* G-wrap itself is still developmental and so is guile and so is
  my code (obviously). Too many layers of unknown stability and I
  start to get vertigo.

* G-wrap was isolating me from the scheme internals and I wanted to
  jump in and understand how the internals worked -- especially regarding
  smobs. I figured that I'd learn the machinery better by working closer
  to bare metal.

* I wanted to use some of the guile niceties (like lists and typed data)
  inside my C code (preventing it from ever running as stand-alone C).
  That means that many functions have hybrid C-SCM interfaces (which I notice
  is true for lots of the guile internals too).

In retrospect, my stuff could be a lot tidier and giving it a clearly
stratified structure would be helpful, at that point auto-generating interface
functions will be more of a reality. I'm not against G-wrap by any means
but converting the stuff across is not going to be trivial so it will get
put-off.

	- Tel