Re: Oleo with guile

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

> There is an interesting scheme based spreadsheet called "siag" out
> there ("Scheme In A Grid").

I use SIAG on a semi-regular basis (balance the checkbook, the
occasional engineering problem, etc..), so I thought I'd just
add that I have found it to be very useable and very powerful.

> See:
> http://www.edu.stockholm.se/siag/
>
> Personally, I think that the direction SIAG takes is quite
> interesting, but that the project needs a bunch of work.

Right.  Every now and then I hear a clamoring to start a new
spreadsheet project because there aren't any good free ones,
but SIAG just needs a little cosmetic / HCI help; some good
extensions and I think it would easily fill in the gap
that a lot of people seem to perceive in the free spreadsheet
area.  It can already do a lot of really cool things and has
support for a number of extensibility languages and GUI
toolkits.

Just thought I'd throw in a free endorsement :-)
James