FTP Snapshots are back

I didn't realize that so many people were unable to access anonymous
CVS.  So I've reinstated nightly snapshots on ftp.red-bean.com.

One of my motivations for moving to CVS access was that the snapshot
process was really brittle, mostly because it relied on the `make
dist' process.  The snapshots are now just tar files made directly
from a CVS working directory.  This means that you may need to have
automake, autoconf, etc. installed to get some things to work right.
The section called `Hacking It Yourself' in the README file gives the
details.

As always, let me know of any problems you have.  At best, you've
found a bug I can fix; at least, I can improve the READMEs, etc.