Re: Module editing; debugging with gdb

Greg> Andrew Archibald <aarchiba@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:
>> (load "my-hacked-module.scm") will do what you want, that is,
>> define new things in the module.

Greg> The load primitive may be good enough-- it lets me avoid the install,
Greg> which was one of my goals.

Reloading the file in question does work. I use it all the time.

Also, you may do a `(define-module (my own module))' which will make
that module current. If you redefine a symbol here, the new definition
will appear in all modules that use `(my own module)' (provided the
symbol was exported of course). Use `(set-current-module the-root-module)'
to get back to the default module.

The emacs package ILISP has some support for handling modules, which I
am currently experimenting with, that should go quite some way to make
module handling automatic.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)