Re: GNU Robots 0.76 is ready

James F Hall writes:
 > To build GNU Robots, you first need to have already compiled/installed the
 > GNU Guile libraries.  Then, just make sure the root Makefile is okay for
 > your system (make sure the CC is correct for your system, and that it
 > matches where you have installed the Guile libraries), and type:
 >
 >      make
 >
 > (In future, I will use GNU Autoconf, so your Makefile(s) will be created
 > for you, just like other GNU programs.)
 >
 > This will create two programs in the src/ directory:
 >
 >      run_robot
 >      curs_robot

That I've done so far.

 > ** on the topic of the interface:

curses interface is more than fine for me, as I don't like GUI and don't even
have X installed.

 > I provided the curses interface and text file version of the GNU Robots
 > game because I do not know how to write code for X Windows.  However, if
 > you're interested in looking in the code you'll see I've left "hooks" that
 > allow me to plug in pretty much any display system that I want.  I would
 > very much like to have an X Windows version of GNU Robots, but I would need
 > someone to write the hooks for me.
 >

 > I hope this helps people in testing GNU Robots.  Thanks for the help so
 > far.
 >
 > Oh, I've also posted version 0.77 on my ftp site.  This is just an
 > incremental update, where the Scheme primitives for "exit" and "quit" are
 > redefined so the GNU Robots game exits gracefully.  Also, I provide a hack
 > for the Scheme primitives "random" and "randomize" which appear to be
 > missing in Guile 1.2.

After starting either curs or plain bot, after loading the map, it aborts
reporting that 'while' is not a bound variable. while is not part of R*RS .
How in all the world is it supposed to get into robots? The problem exists
with both 0.76 and 0.77

Klaus Schilling