Re: Can the Guile library be reentrant

A few weeks ago, I asked if there was some way around the problem of Guile
forcing programs to live inside of it.  From the responses I got, it seems
that the answer is "no", with plenty of people bemoaning this fact.

I would like to point out, however, that there is a "competitor" to Guile
that has been around for over 10 years and solves this problem: ELK (the
extension language toolkit).  Like Guile, it is Scheme.  Here's a URL:

http://www-rn.informatik.uni-bremen.de/software/elk/elk.html

You probably already know about ELK, and you're all busily composing flames
to me about why it is so inferior to Guile.  I don't care about that.  All
I suggest is that you look at it and see if you can learn how they managed
to make it "reentrant".  I look forward to the time when Guile has this
feature.

Thanks for your help.
     -Steven Rubin